I seem to be getting a lot of questions recently about SplashID Pro, so I thought I’d do a little FAQ here.
What is SplashID Pro?
Like many well-known software applications, SplashID has moved from being a one-time purchase to being provided as a service (sometimes called “SaaS”). Providing SplashID as on ongoing service to our customers enables us to invest more consistently in development and support since there are fewer ups and downs in revenue (we used to charge for upgrades, so we’d have big revenue spikes when we launched a new version but then a trough in between releases). Our service is called SplashID Pro. SplashID Pro is the only way of getting all the latest SplashID apps with these key features:
- Access: SplashID Pro enables you to use any SplashID app you want you want – on a phone, tablet, desktop, or browser
- Sync: SplashID Pro enables you to sync your records any way you want – with cloud, WiFi, or no sync at all
- Backup: SplashID Pro users get automated backups – securely download and restore any of your last 5 backups anytime
- Dashboard: At-a-glance SplashID Pro dashboard provides feedback on your security to keep your information safe
- Share: SplashID Pro users can share SplashID records securely with other SplashID users and even non-users
- Support: SplashID Pro users “go to the front of the line” with faster Priority support and free app updates on all their devices
Is SplashID Pro for Cloud users only?
No, SplashID Pro is for all users who want to use the latest SplashID apps on multiple devices and/or sync with PC’s or Mac OS computers. So it’s for WiFi sync and cloud users.
I use WiFi sync. Do I need SplashID Pro?
Yes, you do need SplashID Pro if you want to keep getting updated apps and support over time (see last question!)
How much does SplashID Pro cost?
SplashID Pro is $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year.
How do I subscribe to SplashID Pro?
You can learn more about Pro and choose your monthly or annual option here:
If you choose the annual option, right now you can get a full year of SplashID Pro for only $9.99 using coupon code MADISON on this page:
I’ve been using SplashID for years. Do I have to upgrade to SplashID Pro?
No, you can choose to stay with the earlier desktop version you bought (usually this comes from users with version 6 or earlier), but without SplashID Pro you won’t get updates and the older desktop versions won’t be guaranteed to support new hardware and OS’s.
Why did I get a message saying I’ve been given a free trial of SplashID Pro?
We give free trials of SplashID Pro to some SplashID users under certain circumstances. We want to give people a chance to try all the SplashID Pro features. Most people choose to get SplashID Pro once they try it, but you’re under no obligation to keep SplashID Pro once the trial expires.