The moment you’ve all been waiting for! Well, many of you…
*BETA BETA BETA* This is BETA software, so use at your own risk, and I cannot urge you enough to backup your SplashID 3 data before installing:
SplashID desktop: File > Export > SplashID vID
You can export a vID from SplashID 4, but since we added more fields, if you make any changes while using SplashID 4, the changed records will not import correctly into SplashID 3. So make a vID export from SplashID 3 as a point of return. Hopefully you won’t need/want to use it.
Here is the download:
Here are the new features:
1. Auto-fill: A single click from the SplashID 4 desktop launches your browser, takes you to the correct URL, and fills in your username and password for you
2. Multiple Databases: Work with multiple SplashID databases and synchronize them as needed (other SplashID 4 databases only!)
3. New Views: Tree View and Panel View (desktop) offer new ways to see
your records and keep organized
4. New Toolbars: Easier access to key functions
5. New Icons: Updated modern hi-res icons
6. Enhanced Password Generator: includes strength meter (on Palm app) and password picker
7. Enhanced Records: tracking of date modified; 10 fields instead of six offer more storage and flexibility
8. New Security Options: password hint option; auto lock-out after 10 failed attempts
9. Email Capability: Easily send records in a secure, encrypted file to friends and colleagues
10. Enhanced Lookup: Search across multiple fields in database quickly and easily
11. Updated Look and Feel: New graphics, icons, and toolbars provide an enhanced image
12. Date fields now have date picker tool
* Web auto-fill is still a work in progress, and will not work with all sites. If you have a site that is not filling properly, and seems like it should, let me know the URL and I will check it out and see if we can support it.
* The Internet Explorer window may be small when auto-fill is run. This will be fixed in the next update.
* In the Panel and Tree views, if you import a vID or CSV file, the data is not displayed until you change views to refresh.
This is for Windows only at the moment. Our Mac developers are hard at work
on SplashMoney Desktop, and when finished we’ll turn our attention to
SplashID 4 for Mac. If you decide to install the Palm application, please
note that it will not sync with SplashID 3 desktop.
Please submit all bugs and feedback to me at: